Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Seattle, WA


Following the Mt. Rainer stop I headed to Allyn, WA to meet up with several realtives I hadn't seen in many years and some I hand't even met yet. We spent a couple of days resting and relaxing at my aunt & uncle's beach house. It was great catching up and enjoying some rest and relaxation on the North Bay of Puget Sound. Here are my Aunt Gloria and Uncle Frank.


Here's my cousin Jane and her two daughters Kylee and Ellie. Ellie showed a great curiosity to see pictures of family memebers she's never met. I showed her as many family pictures as i could find on my laptop and then we turned to facebook for a few more. I also got to meet Jane's husband Mark who I'll hopefully see again next week for a Mariners-White sox game.


After a couple days in Allyn I headed to Issaquah to spend a few more days with my cousin Adam, his wife Sara, and kids Brady and Sophie. The highlights included several sessions of playing cars & trucks with Brady and a hike with Adam and Sophie to Snoqualmie Falls.



On monday I carpooled with Adam into Seattle to "the office". On monday my office was the 10th floor of the Seattle Public Library, a uniquely designed state of the art facility. I met Adam for lunch at Cyber-Dogs and walked through Pike Place Market after work. After much time spent at campgrounds and out in the wilderness it was great to feel that big city vibe again.