Monday, July 20, 2009

Jackson Windup


The weekend focus was on biking and enjoying the beautiful scenery. On saturday I met with couchsuring contact Rose Caiazzo for an introduction to mountain biking in Jackson. She took me to the nearby Cache Creek Trails. The first time through we did what is known as the Putt-Putt Trail. The singletrack riding and scenery were jawdropping. The second time through I went on my own and did the Hagen Loop which runs along Cache Creek and though several pine forests. Pictures just don't do this area justice but here ya go.




On sunday morning I got some laundry done while it rained for the first time on my trip. It cleared up for an afternoon road ride along Fall Creek Rd. This lightly traveled backroad offered rolling hills and more great views of the Tetons. I did have to be careful of a few cows crossing the road.



The 5 days of camping in Jackson came to a finish as I enjoyed a great meal with some of my camping neighbors. Skip and Liz from New York City had been camping next to me for the last three days. They came fully prepared with tables, cookware, food, wine, beer, and welcoming hearts. They also asked Nicolas from Paris to join us. Nicolas was stopping in Jackson for one night only as part of a cross country bike tour from New York to San Francisco. The four of us shared an evening of food, drink, laughter, and great conversation. Now on to Yellowstone.